This recent article in BRW is an exception.
Kate Mills is able to draw from Janine Allis, founder of Boost Juice the core principles of her success, which include:
- Maintaining focus and not being distracted from your core products/services
- Understanding the basic factors that exist in the industry within which you operate
- As an owner you have to really understand your business - including the parts that may not be in your areas of strength
- You have to have and look after the right people
- You must be tight with your spending
- Focus on making the customer a fan
- Look outside your box for ideas as catalysts for innovation
- The willingness to work cannot be underestimated
- Allis' principles of success - her five Ps (People, Positioning, Product, Price, Promotion)
This article is well worth the five minutes it will take to read.
Let me know what you think!